SOUTHERN UTE COMMUNITY ACTION PROGRAMS, INC.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
JOB TITLE: Ticket Agent
REPORTS TO: Transportation Division Director
SUPERVISES: Generally not a supervisory position
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Regular/Full-time/Hourly/Non-exempt
POSITION SUMMARY: Open and operate ticket sales counter for Road Runner Stage Lines. Greet customers and visitors, provide information about Road Runner Transportation. Sell our tickets, as well
as Greyhound tickets and collect payment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Ticket Agent
- Greet visitors in a cheerful, friendly, and courteous manner. Manage phone traffic. Create a
positive first and lasting impression of the organization.
- Maintain a friendly, professional manner when dealing with customers at the counter and with telephone calls.
- Provides Route information and stop times and locations to the general public regarding Road Runner Stagelines transportation.
- Record and sell tickets, make customer reservations/appointments in a manner that accommodates the customer in a timely manner and collect payments for tickets.
- Responsible for daily fare reconciliation records, paperwork, credit card receipts and all money to be sent to the Road Runner Transportation office daily.
- Will be responsible for retrieving messages from the voicemail.
- Willingly perform additional related work as assigned.
These are the most significant performance factors involved with this position and they will be the principal factors on which the employee will be evaluated:
- Maintain a neat, clean appearance and be able to deal effectively and courteously with the general public. Maintain friendliness with passengers, customers and the general public and be able to increase their knowledge of Road Runner Transportation services.
- Become knowledgeable of the transportation schedules and the area, including activities and events, in order to answer customer inquiries in a courteous and patient manner at all times.
- Assist all disabled passengers as required by SUCAP transportation policies.
- Must be willing to work weekends and holidays.
- Ability to positively promote Road Runner Transportation and the local community using diplomacy and tact.
- Willingly perform other related job duties as assigned by supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS: Work references must reflect these qualities.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Regular, dependable attendance is a critical performance factor to ensure consistent, high quality services in this position. Punctuality is a must. Strong references are required.
Pleasant personality and ability to work well with co-workers and the general public. Strong references are required.
Self-starter, and able to work with minimal supervision. Must have the ability to multi-task and follow directions.
Excellent telephone manner.
At least 6 months of office work or cashiering experience in a capacity including acceptance of credit cards, cash handling, organization of documents, time management and data entry.
Ability to use computer, copier, scanner, fax, and general office machinery. Strong computer skills and data entry experience, helpful. (Internet applications, Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Access, etc.).
Knowledge of searching the internet for finding ticketing prices, and services in other locations etc.
Must demonstrate ability to handle confidential information in an appropriate manner.
Candidate must be detail-oriented and have a firm grasp of time management skills.
Must pass the criminal history and background check.
CPR – First Aid training a plus, but not required. Road Runner will help you get this certification if needed.
Strong knowledge of data entry systems.
Some knowledge of ADA requirements.
Some knowledge of SUCAP and Tribal departments and their services is helpful for referral purposes.
Ability to communicate clearly and accurately, orally and in written format. Ability to prepare memos, including ability to assemble information accurately.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure. Ability to count money and make correct change. Ability to compute rate and percent.
Ability to maintain strict confidentiality at all times, including the ability to recognize situations in which confidentiality is required. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with SUCAP staff and management, Tribal members, consultants, and the public. Must work independently, without supervision.
Lifting a minimum of 50 pounds may be required. Work will require the use of computers with exposure to video display monitors, the need to work in front of a computer monitor for extended periods of time and repetitive motion with data entry and the use of a computer mouse. Adequate hearing/speech is required to communicate with all individuals and to use telephones on a consistent basis. Position involves standing for a period of time.
Work is performed in a public setting with some exposure to environmental stress, and frequent interruptions. The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate. Frequent communication with the general public, employees and others on a daily basis, face-to-face interaction, and some telephone time.
Regular, dependable attendance is a critical performance factor to ensure consistent, high quality services to the public and assistance to the Central Administration staff. Punctuality is a must.