SOUTHERN UTE COMMUNITY ACTION PROGRAMS, INC.
THIS POSITION IS OPEN UNTIL FILLED
JOB TITLE: After School Educator
REPORTS TO: After School Program Manager
SUPERVISES: Not a supervisory position
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Regular/Part time/Hourly
POSITION SUMMARY: Designs and implements after school program units, according to predetermined plans and personal expertise/experience. Assist in the direct supervision and learning process of program participants.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and implement afterschool program units with an emphasis on STE(A)M, or Service Learning.
- With the assistance of program staff, co-facilitate program activities.
- Assist students in working with materials and concepts of themed program units.
- Monitor and encourage participation.
- Implement after school program policies and procedures.
- Perform other related job-duties as assigned.
- A demonstrated level of expertise in related field.
- Experience with, or interest in, working with Youth.
- Must pass criminal history and child abuse/neglect background checks.
- Ability to maintain a positive relationship with youth, staff, and community members.
- Experience working with youth in the Ignacio Community
- Experience working with individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to communicate clearly and accurately, orally and in written format.
- Ability to prepare program attendance sheets, report on activities, and maintain youth files.
- Ability to develop and follow program budgets
- Ability to maintain and record receipts/documents for expenditures.
- Ability to make mature judgments, frequently and under quick timeframes.
- Lifting a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Adequate hearing/speaking is required to hear/talk with all individuals, and to use telephones/radios on a consistent basis.
- Position involves standing and walking frequently.
- Must be able to drive passenger vans for participant transportation for several hours as needed.
- Work is performed in a variety of venues including classrooms, recreation centers and at times in natural outdoor conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is often loud.
- Must be able to write reports on youth activities, and log activities/incidents as needed in Microsoft Office Documents.
- Must be comfortable with technological communication including computer-based applications, cell phones, etc.
- Must be able to attend scheduled work hours under any type of weather.
- Must be able to arrive to work as requested by the staff schedule.