SOUTHERN UTE COMMUNITY ACTION PROGRAMS, INC.
OPEN UNTIL APRIL 13, 2018 AT 5:00 PM MOUNTAIN STANDARD TIME
JOB TITLE: Kitchen Manager
REPORTS TO: Area Supervisor
SUPERVISES: Generally not a supervisory position
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Regular/Full-time/Hourly
SUMMARY OF POSITION: The Kitchen Manager is responsible for providing nutritious, well-balanced meals that are appropriate for clients and staff.
PERFORMANCE CRITERIA: These are the most significant performance factors involved with this position and they will be the principal factors on which the employee will be evaluated:
- Prepare nutritious, attractive meals and ample food for all adults, without a large quantity of leftovers. Prepare special dietary meals as necessary for adults with special nutritional needs.
- Prepare breakfast lunch and a light evening meal 5 days a week.
- Assist with the development of menus to be used in a monthly cycle; follow menus without substitutions unless approved by the supervisor; participates in upgrading recipes to meet healthier, lowered fat, sugar and salt guidelines.
- Order and shop for food in a manner for cost effectiveness and efficiency of operation. Obtain cost comparisons for low fat alternatives on recipes.
- Track the total number of meals prepared daily.
- Ensure cleanliness, maintenance, safety and sanitation of the kitchen area.
- For meals prepared ahead of time, make sure they are properly labeled and stored.
- Wear a hair net or hat, clothing and shoes appropriate to meet safety standards established for the position.
- Attend workshops relevant to the position and food handlers training, as required.
- Keep accurate inventory records on food and equipment.
- Maintain cleanliness of stove, oven, grease traps and refrigerators.
- Serve breakfast at 6:45 a.m. and lunch service beginning at 11:45 a.m., assuring that foods are served at the appropriate temperature and not prepared in advance of time needed.
- Identify own learning and training needs and coordinate with supervisor in establishing and updating his/her own career development plan.
- Launder all kitchen linen weekly.
- Participate in all relevant meetings.
- Regular, dependable attendance is a critical performance factor to ensure consistent, high quality services to children and families.
- Treat all clients and staff in a respectful and professional manner.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Recovering substance abusers must have at least two year of continuous sobriety.
- High school diploma or GED
- Must have at least two years’ experience as a cook for large groups. Restaurant experience preferred.
- Must have or within 3 months be able to obtain a CPR and First Aid Card.
- Must have demonstrated ability in menu/meal planning and preparation. Nutritional certificates preferred.
- Must have knowledge of food nutrition and well balanced diets, as well as knowledge of health and sanitation standards
- Must have ability to relate positively with others.
- Must be able to lift heavy pans, food and supplies up to 40 lbs.
- Must obtain Food Handler’s and maintain current.
- Must pass TB exam, Criminal History checks
- Must abide by Peaceful Spirit Alcohol/Drug Free policy.
- Must have a license in your state of residence, provide evidence of vehicle insurance, and be insurable under SUCAP insurance.
- Preference will be given to qualified applicants familiar with the Southern Ute Indian Reservation.
- Familiarity/experience with Indian Tribes desirable.
- Ability to communicate clearly and accurately
- Possesses basic math skills
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality at all times, including the ability to recognize situations in which confidentiality is required.
- Ability to establish and maintain supportive and respectful relationships with clients, staff and the public.
- Must be able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Frequent lifting heavy pans, food and kitchen supplies up to 40 lbs.
- Position requires standing, bending, stretching
- Must pass a yearly physical exam.
- Work is performed in a therapeutic setting with some exposure to environmental stress and frequent interruptions.
- The noise level of the environment is moderate.
- Frequent communication with staff and clients.
- Regular, dependable attendance is a critical performance factor to ensure consistent, high quality services to clients and staff.
- Must to available to work scheduled shift, generally this position is Monday thru Friday 5:30 AM until 2 PM.
- Schedules change with client needs and may include holidays, weekends or varied shifts:
- General knowledge required.
- Ability to look up job related information such as recipes and nutritional information.